16 July, 2009

WOAH! Another card!

Well, for the last 3 days I have been sick as a dog. The worst thing? Its BORING when you're stuck in bed (or in my case, stuck on the couch). The best thing? having time to stamp, and watch a movie. In my case, it was the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2. Loved it. Too bad I didn't have a copy of Twilight, or I would have watched that!

I did get some stamping in. I complete two swaps. First is the monstahs & aliens swap hosted by my friend MiamiKel.


The image is a stamp I got from Victoria Case - which I have inked up before. I got the little crown accents from the dollar store (what a find!) and the ribbon, I recieved as a giftie in a swap. i colored up the image with my watercolor markers and used a blender pen over it. its not my favorite card, but I do really like the image. Perhaps next time I will try another coloring technique.

Next up is a card i made for my monthly sisterhood swap. The theme is "birds of a feather". Its so appropriate for the sisterhood since we all have been friends for so long now, and we share this common love of ink and rubber. Top that off with a really unique and special friendship and blend of extraordinary women, who genuinely care for one another. I realized I had only two bird stamps and neither of them would be right for this theme. One was a sneaky looking vulture and the other was a Christmas dove.

I decided to try googling and came up with this digital stamp. Its actually from a seller on etsy - Softpencil. She has some really cute images!! And for cheap too! I think this image of a flower giving shelter to a little birdie was perfect for the theme. I computer generated the sentiment "I'll be your shelter" because I thought it was so fitting. The girls in the sisterhood are always there to lend a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear. I also haven't been able to get the song "I'll be there" out of my head since I hit the print button....


I layered up Certainly Celery and Garden Green from SU! and used the cuttlebug embossing folders to add some texture. Added a little pink grograin ribbon & popped up the image and sentiment with foam squares. I hope the girls like it!

10 comments:

kadie said...

Oh my gosh! I love these both!! I hope I get one of your cards in Kelly's swap...I gotta get mine done!! :)

Love that I'll be your shelter card...is that not a sunflower?? Ummm...it is reaching out for the other flower... :)I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness times two! I would love to get either one of these - hint hint...

Catherine said...

You Go, Lil Sick Girl! (Hope you are all better soon!)
These are both uber cute! I hope I'm lucky enough to get them in the swaps!!!! Really loving the green-on-green on the STC card!

Lorie said...

I don't know how you can be so productive when you're sick, but you nailed these!! They are both great! I'm a VC fan, but that digi image is way too cute! I love them both, and hope I'm lucky enough to snag either one, or both of them!!! Feel better soon!!

Mary Giles said...

Oh these are great Karen! I want one of each please. We love you too! Without the sisterhood I don't think I would have ever branched out in all the different techniques, layouts, and coloring that I have. We are a special group. Need some chicken soup? I make a pretty good homemade chicken and noodles.

*Susan* said...

Karen, these cards are adorable! That digi flower & bird image is so CUTE! How can you be so creative when you're so sick? Hope you're feeling better soon! {hugs}

Carolyn Bounds said...

These are CUTE with a capital C!!! I love them both!!! I really need to get my shiznit together, so I can start participating in all the wonderful swaps you talented gals are in! I wish I were getting one of each of these babies...talk about an incentive to get crackalacking at some future swaps;o) I MISS YOU!!!

Love ya!!!
Carolyn

MiamiKel said...

Woohoo, hey Karebear!!!!!! Miss ya! I was able to get online today (miracle!!) and just tickled to see everyone's blog and all that I'm missing - but luckily not one of yours, lucky me!! Hugs!!

Elizabeth P said...

So beautiful cards!!! ;)

Judy McMullen said...

Karen, I love this card and I was so blessed to receive one! It's even better IRL and one of my favs!

Keeping you in my prayers every day, KareBear, that you recover quickly from whatever is causing all the numbness! Hugs!!!