13 July, 2009

WOAH! A card!!

Okay, so I promised you a card!
Bf is 6 hours away in a tiny town - on business. So what does that mean for me? Well, it means I got the whole evening to myself & the whole dining room too! I ignored the laundry, I ignored the dishes, I ignored everything except an episode of the Bachelorette! AND I STAMPED!

Its been a while since I've had a chance to really ignore everything & sit down with ink and paper. A few days ago, i showed you a great digistamp, my first, that I got from Pink Cat Studios - and for a great cause!



Don't you just love the image? The little boy & his balloon are adorable! Looking at it, I would have liked to shrink the image just a tad (if I could figure that out), and mount the image on one more layer before mounting it on the card. There are many tutorials out there, and I know its just a matter of doing some playing around. Of course, as you can see from my blog, I'm not terribly computer savvy.

I can't tell you how much I love coloring with Copic markers. They are so smooth & roll over your paper with such ease. I just need alot more practice with my "art eye" and well, alot more Copics... =P I don't have a nice bright red copic yet - so i had to use my SU! markers. And I definately need a variety of skin tones. Well, they'll be on my wishlist.

I finished it off by printing off another image and cutting out his hat & balloon, then mounted it with foam squares. I love this technique for brining just a little something extra to my cards. Its time consuming, but it makes such a difference to the image.


Stamp: DIGISTAMP, Pink Cat studios
Ink: Colored with Copics & SU! markers
Embellies: Large Brads (dollar store)
Paper: SU! and My Minds Eye

Have you tried digital?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Hi Karen! Yep! I do digi, and I LOVE them!! Your little cowboy is sooo cute, and I only WISH I had even 1 copic. I've thought about jumping on the band wagon, but my wallet thinks otherwise! Oh well! I don't think I'll ever get done wanting!! ;-) I love your card, and I'm so glad you got to do some stamping! The popped up hat and balloon are a great touch!!

Sandra MacLean said...

...............THUD....*picking myself up off the floor* A card by Karen?! DEAR LORD THANK YOU!! Miss Karen, why do you not stamp more often when you make such awesome cards when you do?? Your trimming is exceptional and you know what they say about copic coloring...practice makes perfect. :D ((((Big Hugs))) NICE to see you back stamping again girlfriend. :D

*Susan* said...

I heard that *THUD* and wondered what the heck it was...I see it was just Sandra fainting. LOL Karen, this card is so adorable! Such a cute image and great coloring! Hmm, I may have to give these digistamps a try. Glad you had time all to yourself to stamp! {hug}

kadie said...

I'll 3rd that thud!! I'm soooo happy! I love seeing your creations and I'm so glad you bought this stamp to support the cause. I love this card!! Cool beans with the 3 colors of brads, I'm going to have to use that idea!