04 February, 2009

More Friends with Stamps!

The wonderfully Talented KADIE is featured on clubAnya's blog today!

I've known of course, for a LONG time now, how talented Kadie is, and am waiting for a company to scoop her up as a DT member so she can inspire us daily! Kadie created Twi-Cards.. using Ian's and Anya's from THE GREETING FARM, and inspired by the Twilight series of books..... Twi-hards beware, these are TDF!

Now, I guess I haven't posted a creation in a while, and that is partly because I was on a bit of a cardmaking hiatus! A tiny break from a run of swaps, and also taking some time to twiddle away in the "test kitchen" ~ Some great friends of mine, and my bf have been encouraging me to start selling my handmade bath products. I'm working on sourcing mass quantities of ingredients, and settling on colors, fragrances, and a product line focused on natural and organic body care. There are so many chemicals in most of the products that we buy off store shelves - I personally wanted to go "back to basics". There are so many benefits the human body, mind and soul can benefit from nature!

So, stay tuned!

As for cards, I did work on a swap last night, for Paola's "What's your song/music" swap. This is swap where we were to find a type of music or a particular song that could describe you. Now everyone has many facets and there are so many songs out there. I thought long and hard on this one ~ and came up with Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". I knew I wanted a "WOMAN" song - I thought maybe Christina Aguilera's new release song because "Sometimes I'm a super b****" LOL But it came down to picking a song that I could come up with a card idea for. So, this is it.

I got to ink up my new set from bombshell stamps - a little risque perhaps, and trust me, I DO NOT have this body - so it doesn't really "represent" me.. lol.. just the diva inside... lol!



Now what you can't see and appreciate (LOL) on this photo is the detail on the card ~ man, I really should re-take this photo with my "good" camera. The image is cut out on Whisper White cardstock and colored with SU! markers in Real Red & Blush Blossom. I tried using a Pinkish Vanilla Copic, but even with the STAZ ON ink, it bled! So, I resorted to SU! Markers which seem to work better with the STAZ ON. (No, i don't have embossing powders and a heat gun.... yet). THen I stamped the image again on SU!'s Real Red Cardstock, and then again on more whisper white. I then proceeded to cut out each red shoe, and her little hand (after I colored it in with blush blossom), then layered the pieces on top of the image.

The letters are stamped in silver ENCORE, and I added a feather, and used my Allegro CB folder for embossing the background black layer. each letter in the word DIAMOND has a dot of red stickles, there is stickles on her "garters" and icicle stickles on the bottom of her heels.

Stamps: Girl's Ruin - Bombshell Stamps
Ink & Paper: SU! Real Red, Blush Blossom, Copic Black (for the heel)
Bling: Craft feathers, stickles


5 comments:

kadie said...

oooooooh, sexy!!! Wasn't Mary going to use "I'm Too Sexy" at one point. LOL!! I love this card! And I'm sure my DH will too if I receive one! HAHA

Thanks for the shout out! HUGS!!

Catherine said...

Loving your song card! Btw. the song and the image, I feel the need to watch Moulin Rouge! (That's a compliment, btw! LOL)
Great job!

Lorie said...

That is one SEXY card! I love it!! I also can't wait till you get your bath product line up and going! I'm sooooo happy for you, and I know you will be a huge success!

Lauri said...

Very cool card! I just discovered Bombshell stamps the other day and immediately thought of you!! Good luck with the new products!! Sounds like a lot of thought has gone into it!

MiamiKel said...

OH LA LAH!!!!!!!!!!! This one is terrific! You should display this on their blog/site - it's TDF! Love love love it :)