08 September, 2011

International Lost Inker........

Welcome!
Apologies are in order...... I cannot find this month's kit hosted by Imke.
I looked under all my piles of papers and stacks of books. Looked through my scraps of card stocks and such. I could not find her kit anywhere.

It's here... hiding somewhere.
My excuse is that we have been extremely busy, and the house right now is in total dissarray.

BUT! I DO have something for you today... that's something, right?

I have the kit that I was unable to post a couple of rounds ago...... and here it is!!






I colored the image with Copics.. a skill I still haven't mastered, but I think i'm getting better.... I have considered giving up on them altogether, simply due to thier cost! But i still have them.... it's hard to let things go eh?



I made a 5x5 square card on a white base. Two things I have been obsessed with of late... larger than A2 sizes, and white bases. I get a great price on a pack of 100lb white stock that is great for card bases and so the penny pincher in me has gravitated to it everytime. It also saves me from putting a layer of white on the inside for writing too.....

A few of the lovely embellishments from the kit, buttons, ribbon, dew drops and felt flowers... VOILA!









I really enjoyed this kit.. it was easy to put together and quick to color... just don't mind her socks..... I realized they were probably socks after I had already colored them in as skin... oopsie?! LOL





Now hop on over to the rest of the girls' blogs and have a gander at this month's ACTUAL kit!!





~~~~~~~~~~~~karen





Michelle


Catherine


Imke


Tanja (having issues with Blogger so you may not be able to see her card)


Paola

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl - you make me laugh and believe me, this morning I needed one badley. I do love what you did with this card; so much fun.

Hugs sweetie - love you bunches :)

Imke said...

Hi Karen, i hope you find my kit someday ;-)

What you´ve done with Tanja´s Kit is lovely. I like your coloring and your layout. Fabulous !

Catherine said...

LOL! BTDT, Kare. Very clever of you to sub another kit. I still need to do the kit I made! eesh!

I love the paper you chose to feature. Combined with the image, it gives the card a very storybook/daydream quality. Cute!

(((hugs)))

Judy McMullen said...

How darling! Love that you colored her feet bare!!! Socks? Who need 'em!!

~Paola~ said...

eehehe...giggling here at your 'surprise' post..LOL

Such sweet card from Tanja's kit...I love it how you 'jumped' right in it and substitute one kit for another...I am still giggling...awesomely and cleverly done indeed (and the end result is truly beautiful...socks or no socks....lol)

Carol W said...

Great card Karen....she is probably wearing nylons...heehee....great job with your coloring too....

*Susan* said...

Hey KareBear! I may be months late on this, but I can always count on you for a laugh! Super cute card, love the background DP - perfect colors on this winter day to remind me that spring isn't too far away! Give us another card soon! :-D